In the town located at the doors of the National Racetrack of Monza, where the Sunday, beyond the ringing bells, the background music is the sound of motors, so it was unavoidable that a club with people with the same passion would born. If it had to be a club, of course it would be a Ferrari one, even better dedicated to Enzo Ferrari, the Boss famous in the whole world for the victories with his red cars!
It was the 1967 and the fantasy of the sportsmen was stimulated by the duels between Ferrari and Ford during the Prototypes World Championship.
Newspapers had titles like “the goniometer against the computer” and the victories in procession, as the one in the “12 Hours” of Sebring, made Italians more and more proud.
During the “1000 kilometres” in Monza, in the test day, the newborn Club got verificated! With such a big yellow and black banner, with the writing “Scuderia Ferrari Club Vedano al Lambro”.
Unusual for that time at the racetrack, the banner intrighed a lot of people, and thanks to it, even Ma’am Laura Ferrari, the Boss’ Wife, along with the two pilots Lorenzo Bandini and Mike Parkes.
The first thing that come up to mind was to meet up the people really into Ferrari and to discuss about motors events or even to follow the Reds of Maranello during the races.
In the first bunch of years the members of the club were over 200 and the trips, also out of the Country, were frequented by a lot of them!
To liven up even more the nights at the Club, contributed the presence of the Brambilla’s brothers as members, born in Monza and pilots of international fame.
Tino Brambilla, after a lot of success in other Formula, in the 1968 had the great occasion to debut with Ferrari in the Grand Prix of Italy. The week before this event him and the club members talked every nights about the debut he was going to do in the first location at the Campana Bar.
His brother Vittorio, at that time, wasn’t racing and maybe thanks to those unforgettable discussions, he wanted to try, getting the results the everyone knows.
It’s a reason for pride to think that his new debut was “born” in the location of our club, really close to the Monza Racetrack.
On the walls of our club are attached a lot of pictures and depositions of a lot of events about the Club life.
Foundation Year: 1967
Ernesto "Tino" Brambilla
First Event 1000 Km of Monza – 25th April of 1967
Members (since the foundation) about 1600
Social Location: Via Italia, 13 – 20854 Vedano al Lambro (Monza Brianza)
Grouping a lot of motor’s passionates with the point of organize trips to follow motor’s races. Without any kind of profit-making, we devolve our money to beneficials purposes.
The many or contained presences of the Club members during the trips have been concerned the whole Europe, USA, Brasil, Argentina and South Africa.
We had a lot of presences during the trips in: Montecarlo, France, Austria, Hungary, Belgium, Germany, Spain, England.
Expo Racing Cars 8 editions.
1° 1984 - 2° 1985 - 3° 1986 - 4° 1987 - 5° 1997 - 6° 2002 - 7° 2007 - 8° 2012. Have been shown F1 like FERRARI - WILLIAMS - McLAREN - BRABHAM - OSELLA - ALFA ROMEO - JORDAN - BAR - MINARDI - TOLEMAN - TYRELL - BENETTON and others racing cars like Fiat, Lancia and Maserati.
Gran Prix Minimoto
Gran Prix Kart
Eco Gran Prix with more than 60 electrical cars with solar energy.
Treasure Hunt – Exposition of cars models.
Ruffle during the “Befana of Children"
Guest Stars at 1° Motor Monza in 1991.
Socials Dinners: Varius editions with the presence of famous pilots, mechanical, journalist, technician and D.S.
Convention of Ferrari cars at "M.L. Verga " Committee in Biassono
Promoters for the titling of a road in Vedano al Lambro in honor of Enzo Ferrari.
Reward "Memorial Vittorio Brambilla"
Football matches with the presence of some F1 pilots
For over than 25 years, thirty members of our club (choosen by the constant presences during the events organized by the club) take part in the organization of the Italian Grand Prix, giving service the whole GP week on the platforms of the racetrack (also during the nights) to the photographers. They reserve the access only to the authorized ones, also helping them with their heavy and bulky equipment.
Human's Purposes & Benefits
Coupled with the varius events, organized by the Club, we did lotteries, fundraiser with stalls.
The proceeds allowed the Club to provide for :
* Purchasing of a Fiat Ducato 8 seats van for the U.I.L.D.M of Monza
* Cash contribution establishment of an ambulance used by the Association "Amici dell'Unitalsi" of Vedano al Lambro
* Amount of money devolvet for the research Fight against Cancer
* Amount of money devolvet for the research of U.I.L.D.M.
* Amount of money devolvet for TELEFONO AZZURRO
* Amount of money devolvet for A.I.D.O. of Vedano al Lambro that contributed for an operation of transplant to make abroad
* Amount of money devolvet to Association “Amici di Pepi Cereda", fot the purchasing of medichal and technical equipment for ambulance
* Amount of money devolvet to "Gruppo Volontari della Brianza Giussano" that contributed for the realization of the Orphange in KALRICNAI (BATTICIALDA, SRI LANKA) that will be managed by nuns APOSTOLIC CARMEL
* Amount of money devolvet to "Amici dell'Unitalsi" of Vedano al Lambro
* Amount of money devolvet for earthquake victims in Abruzzo, with the help of the pilot Jarno Trulli
* Amount of money devolvet to Padre Giulio, missionary PIME , that contributed to support a mission in Philippines
* Amount of money devolvet for earthquake victims in Haiti, with Fondazione Francesca Rava
* Amount of money devolvet to the association O.N.L.U.S. O.R.E.M.I., that contributed to support children in India.
* Amount of money devolvet to U.N.I.T.A.L.S.I. of Monza, that contributed for "Casa della Gioia" in Borghetto S. Spirito
* Amount of money devolvet to "Amici dell'Unitalsi" di Vedano al Lambro, that cpntributed to build "Casa Francesco”